View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 03:59 AM
Charter Member

Default I LOST A BLUE CHIP PICK !

Yup me the most anal keep everything where i know it - knowitall!

I got me a lovely Eastman AR805 archtop, and thought, "it needs it's wn Bluechip pick!

I had a TAD60 in my Princess Mary Box for my Martin D12-20 but prefer a Wegen TF140 with that guitar, so I "re-assigned" the TAD 60 for the Eastman.

It isn't a guitar I anticipate gigging, so I'm pootling abut with it at home.

Act 2: My lap-top got a virus - "mapseasy" - so i took it to my local IT guy who looks after me really well.

Act3: No laptop for downstairs, so I'll play my new guitar a bit ... mmm -where's my BC pick? Ilook everywhere high and low - no pick. Depression.

Act 4: In desperation I commission Nanny Jane to conduct a search (she's better at finding stuff than me) but no pick. Oh calamity.

Act 5: Call from Sia my IT guy - come and get your laptop before 3.p.m. when we are closing for a fortnight. Off I go, and get the laptop (in a plastic carrier bag in pouring rain and once home place it on it's usual coffee table beside my sofa.

Act 6: Turn it on to see if it's OK. and to search for a new BC pick from the ever helpful Goins family.
I sit down in my favourite seat and pick up the lap top: a little clink on the coffee table and the pick falls off the underside of the laptop.

Seems it had become stuck to a peeling sticky label on the underside, but stayed in place during the journey to and from the shop and whilst being cleaned by the guys there.

Who's 'a' thought it?

Note to self: Practice what you preach Andy - always put your picks away with the guitar that they belong to! ... Just like you tell other folk to do!

Just dug out another Princess Mary box to keep picks and stuff for my Eastman!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0214.jpg (87.1 KB, 421 views)