View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotValid View Post
Good info above. Like Dave I am looking for a good sounding, low volume home/gig solution. I live in Zurich where space costs money so I dont have the space to have an amp for this and an amp for that.

I think I may go with the LD Systems Maui. They have a really good reputation here in Europe, German engineering and all that. A few reviews in German tested the Maui against the Turbosound. The Maui was prefered as not only having superior sound but also a more rugged build quality over the Turbosound (Behringer). Many reviewers also stated that the Maui has a more natural and less processed sound than a Bose L1 unit. LD is less known in the States so it may be harder to come by. The Fender Expo is a rebadged LD unit so look for that. The JBL system is also on my radar but the LD is cheaper by about €250. Thats a good mixer or some other toy.

Very nice info. I hope it's "Valid". :-). I looked at the Maui 5. That's a nice unit for use with a mixer, maybe even a T1 from Bose. The onboard mixer is bare bones, but would also work with a TC Play Acoustic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro