View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
I think you are doing it right. It's more or less the way I would set mine up given those pedals. OD prior to wah is pretty cool if you like that Mike Ashton Stooges cooking bacon sizzling kind of fuzz but otherwise it's pretty abrasive doing it that way. Delay almost always comes at the end. Boost can go where ever you like it but again, I would go after wah, and compression if you were using that.

Funny you mention the tone knob too, I was convinced I don't even need one. In fact I usually just have the volume on ten set and forget too. Only recently I started realizing they are great tools to tame your tone on stage and or to push it up to the front.
Funny you say that about your tone knob. When I had a Strat type electric built for me a few years ago I contemplated going without a tone knob. Didn't think I needed one. Certainly didn't think I needed two.

Thank Jah I had him put at least one on there.

I think Paul Gilbert has always had his guitars with volume only. I can't think of anybody else who only has volume.