View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 08:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellgamin View Post
EBAY lists KLOS Carbon Fiber Acoustic Guitar HERE for a base price of $599 + $39 shipping. Any good, I wonder?

The listing shows stiffening rods at added cost. All kidding aside, please explain what that means.
Not a lot of hands-on with the KLOS in this forum. The wood neck negates much of what is positive about an all carbon fiber guitar. I don't see any option for a nylon string version. I assume a "stiffening rod" is a truss rod, but that is just a guess on my part.

It may be a decent guitar as long as you go into it understanding it isn't an all carbon fiber guitar. If it were me (and it isn't), I'd continue to save up the bucks and get a proven instrument from one of the established CF manufacturers. Or, shop the classifieds here. Carbon fiber guitars are a niche (compared to wood guitars), and the nylon string offerings are even harder to find.

There are a lot of good reasons to give CF a try, but one needs to understand the higher cost of materials and production. Entry level in CF is a higher floor than with wood guitars. The search will be worth it.