View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 11:45 AM

Default My The Loar LH300 Experience

I traded for this about a year ago. The set up and intonation was not ideal and I fiddled around until I got it where I like. I am generally a finger picker and have had a devil of a time getting the tone I wanted. String changes have been frequent. Popular belief here is medium nickel steel strings; tried-did not like. As a fingerstyle player I don’t care for medium strings at all. So, I decided the other day, I would give Elixer PB nanoweb lights a try and if still not happy with the sound I’d trade it for something better suited to what I play. I wanted this to work because I’m a fan of Roberto Menescal who sometimes plays an arch top. All I can say is the Elixers have done it!! (Ymmv).

I don’t know the age of this guitar. It has been upgraded with a cast tailpiece, floating pick guard and an armrest by a prior owner. It’s earned a place in the rotation for now with these strings on it.

I know these get mixed reviews, but for now at least I’m good with this one. I hope this may be of use to someone also struggling with one of these.

Mike

Guitars:
A few, but on the hunt for the "one"