View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fingers View Post
It's disappointing to hear of these faults, and disappointing, too, to hear that they result from a poor material/application matchup. Hearing that a particular synthetic is hard to glue to a particular wood, I have to ask why use it, then? With some plastics, shrinking can be continuous, and I would be displeased to own an instrument that could pose problems as it ages. It is also disappointing to hear this pretty chintzy approach by Martin to warranty work. It's somewhat disgraceful for a guitar that carries the Martin name to exhibit binding separation. If I found myself out $100-200 shipping to get this fixed, I'd be pissed. I'm really sorry that owners are experiencing this kind of problem. I no longer find Martins very interesting or exceptionally appealing myself, but have always trusted to their reputation. I hope that will not erode. Maybe they invested too much attention to that hilariously stupid clock guitar they produced in an orgy of self-congratulations.
I agree totally with what you have said. I had a discussion with a Customer Service Rep recently and have to say it was really disappointing. As a result I put the brakes on purchasing a D35E, which has been a long time dream of mine.

As someone said above - Heavenly Sounding Instruments. But issues like this give birth to hell on earth - Having to have warranty work done like the OP can be expensive, inconvenient, disappointing and it erodes your confidence in the manufacturer. This is just another example of why I think I have made the right decision. I still moped around for two days crestfallen because of the experience. Broke my heart!

Hope the OP's repairs can be taken care of in a timely manner with the least expense and inconvenience possible.