View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 12:58 AM

And perhaps you're investing too much significance in a one-of-a-kind guitar intended to generate press coverage and nothing else.

Truthfully, Mr. Fingers, the whole "Martin is slipping and no longer the paragon of virtue they once were" trope is tired and generally more a reflection of the person writing those comments than Martin itself. There was one gentleman on here for years whose only contribution to the forum was incessant complaints about the Martin Guitar Company; while everyone tolerated him for a long, long time, eventually he wore out his welcome and got banned here as well on the Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum.

I'm not saying or implying that you're running the same risk, only that we've heard this same line of complaint many, many times. While there are occasionally instances when Martin has minor QC problems, just like any other company, the whole "they ain't what they used to be" routine got old sometime in the late 1970's.

Martin faces challenges in the business world of 2017, just like every other firm struggling to remain vital and current. Overall, I think they do a remarkably good job, and I'm far more impressed by them than I am by anonymous people online complaining about them.

Wade Hampton Miller