View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 05:05 AM
Charter Member

I own both an Artisan and an Opus model. One being a 6 string and one a 12 string.

The differences are so slight it's almost not worth mentioning. I feel or hear no difference in quality.

After talking with Sean a great deal ( I have a Woody on order) I know that they have really tried to streamline there lineup. The idea being they can have some Opus models ready to ship or at least very close so no real wait time.

I think if they were to customize an Opus model such as color or tuners it might take as long to get as an Artisan model so other than maybe saving a few bucks I don't really see the point of trying to customize an Opus.

Both tuners are great and work well and not even something I remotely think of when I pick one or the other up to play.

If you don't require a Color choice or a woody top the Opus is the way to go as it's every bit the guitar when it comes to playing it & hearing it.

This of course is just my opinion and I get where being able to make some choices is really neat. I think that's what the Artisan is for.
Iris Smeck Slope Shoulder Dread
Iris AB Model
Many Takamine Pro series
Godin A8 Mandolin