View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 04:06 PM

I just acquired a new 2016 Shorty off the forum, guy purchased it had it one week and never even unpacked it, got a smoking deal on it and I must say I am more than satisfied on all fronts with this guitar...
At the price I paid I figured I could resell and not get hurt if I didn't like it. Well it has quickly become my go to guitar for daily practice. I absolutely love it, neck shape is like my SC and Martin OO and the guitar plays so easy it's unreal. Love the 12 frets and short scale as well. Amplified it's perfect these built in controls which I thought I would not like are great! Makes life real easy when plugged in and sounds natural to me, just a bit louder.
So I would say this Rainsong is pretty much perfect for me. I didn't know if I would like the black thing but must say it is pretty sharp and the tone is very IMO woody sounding, very nice for bluegrass, lot's of punch and with using a capo so much it's right in tune.
Maybe someday I'll try another but for now I am Very Happy with this Shorty SG!
Got the Gator gig bag from Sweetwater for 70 dollars off on sale and it makes a super light easy to handle package going out the door. Will most likely never use the hardshell case it came in, like a vault but to heavy and awkward........