View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 02:02 PM
Charter Member

I used the backpacker for a few years which was horrible to hold and sounded pretty bad, then graduated to the martin LX1 which was a lot better but still not a real guitar. Still have them both collecting dust. My travel guitar now is a Rainsong parlor which I really like. Actually I like it so much I play it more than my wood guitars which are not chopped liver. Great tone, big sound and comfortable. ~$1600 for base model. I put out ~$2k for top of the line concert series. On Short flights I use a gig bag and it easily goes above the seat. On long flights I put a pack-axe on the stock case and check it but bring the gig bag, sometimes packing my cloths in it. The stock case is sturdy. The thing is always in tune no matter the temp or humidity.

If that is too much $ I'd really look at the that recording king parlor. The RKs I've played were pretty good.

one final thought....I see your main guitar is a 00. Mine is also...an old 00-17. I don't know which I like better now...the 00 or the rainsong. Good problem to have!
E-guitars: Turner Model 1, Fender Strat
Banjo: Gretsch
ukes: TK1, Harmony Smeck, banjo-uke