View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigToeify View Post
Is anyone familiar with this particular seagull? I have only seen one YouTube demo. I’m curious about it and how it compares to the classic S6 in sound and feel. From the description I know it has a gloss spruce top instead of the standard cedar. Any owners here or anyone try one before?

Thanks!
I think what you are asking is specs and especially sound differences between it and the Classic S6.

I have one of these. I like it a lot. That said, I did a lot of personalizing of it.

OK, body shape? The same. Neck, Slim version, Short Scale( the Classic is the same). Older versions had the wider 1.8 nut width. The top is spruce. It is brighter but spruce is more durable than Cedar.

It's cherry sides and back. Spruce top. High gloss top. 1.72 nut width. Short scale.

Here is what I did to suit me.

Colosi bone saddle. (I find Tusk to be harsh.)
African Blackwood bridge pins. Heavy and dense. I think they smooth out the tone, adds a bit of bottom.
I replaced the stock tuners with Gotoh SG 301 18:1. Nothing wrong with the stock tuners. I just like the 18:1 tuners better and I had them.

Finally, GHS Vintage Bronze strings. OR Martin Retros OR Ernie Ball Aluminum Bronze.

I like to make up my own True Mediums with the GHS. Martin has their own version.

Then play it a lot. Play it in.

I think Seagulls of all flavors are great guitars.

I hope this helps.