View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKATY View Post
Ok .. so I don't know if I just had the right timing or what . I just ordered an x 20 with a 12 fret neck .This was a special request .. and not an option you could pick . It is 1 11/16 nut width
And 16" radius . I have not seen this done before . Since I have a 12 string with a 12 fret neck .. I can say the tone is amazing in its depth .. Very playable .. very low action.. it's just perfect This x 20 will be just right . Emerald also allowed me to get my favorite strings put on Thomastik- Infeld Spectrum . I will be trying the light 10-50 strings . I'm looking forward to a very fast neck -. Very comfortable .. for my playing style .
Interesting. I’m curious as to how you swung that - the 12-fret neck, I mean. When I was poking around in the builder just now, I noticed that the 12th fret indicator for an X20 with the stock 25.5” scale length is *way* off - it indicates that it’s at the bass side body join, but it’s not - it’s at the 14th.

What scale length did you specify?

EDIT: re-reading this, it sounds antagonistic. That’s not my intent at all. I’ve noticed one or two guitars in recent shipping videos which have options that aren’t available through the Builder (like, for example, K&K only as a pickup choice), and I was really more wondering about how ‘outside the box’ they can actually be. I do know, through personal inquiry for example, that they can do a vibrant weave top, with a regular weave on the back and sides
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo

Last edited by David Eastwood; 07-26-2022 at 05:47 PM.