View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch Rubin View Post
I’d like to introduce the PL1, a replica build of the 100 year old Gibson L1. I've been obsessed with this guitar for quite some time, it's sound and look are such a throw back to the early blues era. The L1 is an iconic, great old guitar, now hard to find and even harder to find in good shape. They were originally a carved top with a trapeze tailpiece and baseball bat style necks. I've braced this version but with a 15' top radius compared to the "normal" 28' radius to give it more of an arch top look. I’ve carved a much thinner, more playable neck I've also made a deeper body (similar to the "Nick Lucas Special" era of Gibson) for a bigger and fuller sound that is often missing from small bodied guitars. This guitar has a great old twang and will immediately transport you back in time and make you want to try all your blues licks, but is also a great finger picking guitar and strummer.

Western Red Cedar top, Sapele back and sides, Mahogany neck, Ebony finger board and bridge, Black Pearl inlay, aged Nickel hardware and a French Polish. Removable black Maple pick guard. Custom TKL brown alligator case.

$2100 with a natural finish and $2300 with a burgundy finish. Plus shipping costs.

I have a couple available now. I ask for a $500 deposit to add your place and in line for new orders.

In the next few days and weeks I’ll be adding more pictures and video to this thread. My website http://www.wideskyguitars.com/ is not completely done yet but there you can find specs and more info as well as see what else I’m up to. Also https://www.instagram.com/wide_sky_guitars/ on Instagram is a good way to see what’s going on in the shop and also some phone recordings there that will give and idea of the PL1s sound.
beautiful, but honestly, I think you need to raise your prices, another 2k on that and I'm sure it would still sell quick enough, with a case even, jeepers...

regional economic realities play into these economic factors and you are at an advantage by not being in a super high real estate market area,comparatively, and yet you are selling national/international, reaching areas with high regional incomes and cost of living markets, and well, I'm not trying to tell you what to do, or be bossy, or rude, I just think your selling yourself short...I'm sure we'd all rather have 2k vs no'k, or a sale vs not, but really unless there's something I'm not seeing or hearing, unless your buying these from China and retooling and varnishing them, I'd say that you, and many makers on this site really should up your prices a bit, I really do think this could sell for quite a bit more in not that much longer a period of time than what it's listed at now.

just my 2