View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 01:57 PM
Charter Member

Plus one on the Klipsch Heresy speakers; these are great speakers in my opinion, though expensive.

For about $375 including shipping I had a pair of late 60s Rectilinear III floor speaker systems sent to me out in the Pacific Northwest from Buffalo. I already had a pair of these from about 1970 and knew that I really liked them, and this approach was way cheaper than buying new, equivalent speakers.

Crutchfield often has good deals on Polk Audio floor speakers that are less money than the Klipsch Heresy, though they are not going to sound as good, either. http://www.crutchfield.com/g_12000/F...-Speakers.html

For another amp, I bought a fairly standard 100W/channel RMS into 8 ohm Sony receiver from Crutchfield. The Rectilinear III speakers are reasonably efficient, though they are not like JBL speakers, which are often really efficient comparatively speaking. The Rectinear III speakers are very smooth and well balanced, not harsh at all. The Klipsch Heresy speakers are fairly efficient: sensitivity: 99 dB (1 watt/1 meter).

Best of luck!

- Glenn

Last edited by Glennwillow; 07-30-2015 at 02:04 PM.