View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_ View Post
As long as I'm hijacking the op thread here I'll continue a bit... I believe the decision is relevant

I mainly wanna pick out an interface, and mic(s) for my guitar primarily. I have no plan on upgrading my computer in the next coupe.. And by the sounds of it USB will work just fine. I'm thinking 5-6 tracks tops. Sounds like the akg120 isn't of the quality I'm looking for. I'm guna sample some videos of the cad e70's. I like what I've heard with the ADK A6 a lot sounds great. I also like the idea of stereo mics but have no experience with either. Budget vs rec quality is irrelevant to me to a certain degree. I don't mind spending a couple hundred extra if it's worth it.. (I'm sure that's a loaded question) if I went with the A6 would a SDC be a better stereo match for a complete sound or a pair of A6's?

I'm guna research the above listed interfaces, I appreciate all the responses. I'm glad there are those who know more than I do. Sure helps me out
While sampling some videos you may of come across these.
This one using one CAD e70 and trying 2 different mic placements. Nothing of particular interest to many here but ironic for me is the Broadcast mic he used(Shure SM7b) is my main vocal mic. Kind of fun seeing people using the same stuff you do

This one using the CAD e70 for acoustic gtr. and a CAD Triton for vox recorded at the same time (2 live tracks)

This guy does an awesome job putting this vid together recording all types of instruments using one e70 in a multi-track session. Now has me gassing for a Acoustic Bass

This vid is a comparison vid recording acoustic gtr. using CAD GXL 300 the
cad e70(only sdc used in this vid) CAD Trion 6000 and a Presonus M7

So far haven't found a video with someone using 2 e70's on acoustic, however plenty of other SDC stereo pairs from other manufacturers pop up all the time and what is cool is all the different mic placements one can audition. The internet has plenty of tips and discussions on varying mic techniques but that some times leads to lengthy heated discussions and flaming. I just filter through it all.