View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
How much time does it save though as opposed to just doing it yourself? I honestly don't see where the time saving is... not trying to be difficult.
It's a good question Rob.

To me its because you select the tuning you want, place the device on the peg then just pluck the string a few times and its there in a matter of seconds. I guess in theory, there maybe some tuning champions out there who are that quick, but I'm not one of them

It also frees you up to do other things such as chat to the audience or think about the next song etc. At times it needs a little fine tuning by ear, but generally its pretty darn close to where you want to be.

Out of interest, have you tried one? I've been a little surprised by the defensiveness of some players around the roadie. I get that its expensive and also that its perfectly possible to tune by ear or using an existing tuner. I do those things too and am not entirely reliant on the new technology, however, I do feel it a fantastic tool for certain times and people should give it a go before making up their minds

Last edited by pipe dreamer; 02-18-2019 at 01:33 AM.