View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 09:28 AM

I, too, have many special memories with playing acoustic guitar.
I'll share:
My wife and I had finally squeezed out the resources (time and money) for a honeymoon--almost a full year after our marriage--and Mom looked after our toddler daughter.
We went camping on the Bruce Peninsula in Canada; beautiful spot with our tent about 50 yards from a picture perfect lake--no motorized craft allowed. During our first evening there, it was sizing up for a beautiful sunset, so we went down to the lake edge, me toting my Yamaha FG335II. I had been working on something--an instrumental--and started playing around with the melody and chords.
It all came together in this bliss of my beautiful wife and this setting ("Sunset at Cedar Lake")! As I was doing this a few other campers had also been walking to take in the sunset; some sat down unobtrusively nearby. There was a guy drift paddling by in a canoe, also for a view of the sunset, directly in front of us out about 30 yards; color is at its peak, me playing, loon in the distance, guy in canoe silhouetted now as the lake glows in colors...
and as I finish a round of my tune, the canoe guy boldly declares,
"This is awesome!"
I smiled, put the guitar in its case; drop the mic'--doesn't get any more memorable