View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanceen View Post
I've got a Breedlove FS Journey Concert with Brazilian back and sides and a redwood top.

If it's suffering from having a bolt-on neck, I can only say I can't imagine what it would sound like with a dovetail. It's my dream guitar for fingerstyle stuff, which is most of what I play.
I'm sure it does sound great. But the reason for this post has less to do with the tone the guitar has to begin with, since that's pretty easy to evaluate. Rather, I am hoping to gain some insight into what only certain expert luthiers and techs know about, namely how that neck joint is attached and sealed to the pocket on different brands and models, and what would be entailed should there be some issues on down the line.

I don't know if Breedlove has an authorized network of repair technicians, or if you have to send your guitars to them for stuff like this. I think that's what they have you do if you have any warrantied work done. So, I'm guessing that if your Breedlove needs a reset, you may have to ship it to them and back to get the work done. Can't hurt to know beforehand.