View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadare View Post
I worked with Larry and McPherson replaced the pickup on my guitar as well - the balance was not quite right across the strings. That issue is resolved but I'm still not getting a great sound running in through a Fender acoustic amp - I am even going through an LR Baggs preamp. The issue is with bass response -- it sounds a thin or harsh.

Any insight?
I would experiment with putting a 1-3 layers of post-it note under the low E & A strings to see if that helps. My experience with Baggs Elements (and I've installed probably half a dozen over the years counting in Mi-Si's too) is regardless of how perfectly flat everything is, that each guitar needed a small tweak, and that tweak would need updating if a major change in string gauge was made (like going from 12s to 10s). Painting the saddle bottom with crazy glue to get the buildup where required is another technique I've used, but lately I'm too lazy and go the post-it route. There are three layers under the high E in my Mi-Si Trio equipped RainSong CH-PAWS1100NS right now.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields