View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman View Post
Garth might very well have been a factor in this phenomenon, but I'd be just as inclined to credit John Travolta in his role as Bud in Urban Cowboy. I'll bet more people took up two-steppin' and line dancing in cowboy hats and boots because of Bud and Sissie than ever saw Garth in concert. There really is no way to know where the cultural trends get started. I have a hunch there is a little bit of cowboy/cowgirl longing in many of us.
Garth came waaay after Urban Cowboy....

i have met him a few times, as i ran radio stations for CBS for many years...he was always genuine...and of course, the most amazing performer...he could put the audience in the palm of his hands...he called me once to wish me a merry christmas...my secretary came on my line and said garth brooks was on line 3...i said...hahaha...that's funny...probably my friend dan...tell him to hold...and i left him there for like five minutes, until she buzzed me again...i laughed and said tell him to hold...two minutes later she buzzes me again, so i pick up..."yeah, whaddya want?"...."hello, lee? this is garth...garth brooks....we met in miami at my show and i set a meeting for you and bob doyle, remember?"...i was like holy sh*t! i thought you were someone else...sorry to keep you waiting...he had called to wish me a merry xmas and to thank us for playing his records...effin hysterical....
1990 Alvarez DY-50
2019 McPherson Sable
Godin A6 Ultra
lots of electrics and amps!