View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Don’t get me wrong, nothing else I own compares to the Stehr, and I have a Furch that is also stellar. If I a/b them, clearly there’s a difference. But the RainSong sounds terrific and is always available...no case, no humidifiers and so on. It sounds great through my Fishman and is my performing guitar (when we used to be able to perform) because of the great sound and lack of worry. And as I said, from my somewhat limited experience, the H series sounded best. I’m sorry they eliminated it. A cutaway dread would have been my ideal, and I keep wavering on upsizing the OM to a WS, which I find periodically on Reverb.
Ah yes. I know a few local guys and one on AGF who gig with their RainSongs. I suspect it would be the one they went back into the "burning building" to retrieve. I haven't done any gigs since the pandemic either. But, that's what I mainly bought this for. A very good sounding alternative to taking an expensive wooden instrument places where it can get damaged. Frankly, the K&K in the RainSong sounds better than in my wood guitars. I think it would not only be a good alternative, but a better alternative for amplified gigs.

Since these guitars are bullet proof, I wonder if someone would do a straight up trade?