View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 11:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
When I record acoustic guitar, I face the opposite direction of the computer desk. Thus, I can not see the guitar's recording levels. The idea of the long 12 foot cable...is to be able to move the monitor to be in front of the microphones so I can see the recording levels.
OK I see ...of course everyones situation is different . I face my computer desk and displays but simply record back from them about 8 ft and have long enough mic cables to accommodate that.

Quote:
Frank's suggestion about using a smaller Tablet is one that I have been contemplating. I did not know about the remote apt. That would solve any extra cabling at all. The Tablet is small enough & light enough that I could lift it to eye level to see just the recording levels. However, a Tablet might cost as much as a small monitor? And In order to use the remote apt would I need to pay for a telephone service? I will need to investigate this more. I do not use a smart phone. Still a land line user. One of the few left.
Most DAW's support a mobile app for wireless connection to the computer I use an iPad But it works wifi to the computer so it does not use any phone service . It allows me trigger the transport in PT to record (and it does have a the level meters also)

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4