View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick2099 View Post
When you say the Boss was more responsive, are you talking about latency or dynamics? I'm trying to decide between these units, and there are some really knowledgeable and helpful people discussing these in a couple of threads, here. I really just want something to take a little of the piezo quack out, add some reverb, and a little vocal enhancement. I really like the knobs and extra outputs on the Boss, but I definitely need all the vocal help I can get, which seems to be the strong suit of the TC.

I probably won't use the harmonies other than just to mess around with a little. Also, is the pitch correction better or one of the other, and how configurable is it? I definitely won't use a hard pitch correction, but may use soft it if it's subtle, but I'd rather just leave it off if it's super noticeable.
Hey Patrick - The VE-8 and Play Acoustic are both excellent units. Tough choice between them.

I must say the Knobs and extra Ins and outputs on the Boss are nice features. If you like to "tweak" on the fly it's nice to reach down and turn a knob. But there are lots of hidden menus on the Boss. So depending on what you need to tweak.. You still may have to tap a few buttons to do so. I constantly needed the user manual to do things. Even after weeks of ownership.

The PA is super easy to navigate and set up scenes. So I'd say if you are a set and forget person. The PA will be just fine for typical user.

Soundwise.. I decided the PA was better for my needs. I REALLY liked the vocals through the PA. I don't know what it is... But they are smooth as silk. Just using a little reverb and the TONE button (Which is programmable). The Harmonies and double feature (used very slightly) can add a huge dimension to your singing or particular part of the song.

Guitar Sound - I give the edge to the Boss when I had it... I do think they got the effects and reverb and acoustic resonance perfect. After all Boss is a famous effects company.

In the end... The PA was just smoother in vocals. Plus I could easily dial my guitar in with the PA's guitar effects and Body Rez.. So I decided to keep the PA.

Lastly the looper was just so much easier to use and seemed better on the PA as well. There's also the undo feature on PA and Boss doesn't have. I added the switch 6 to the system for shows. This allows me to have control over certain effects, looper and boost function (boost is only available when you have Switch 6 or Switch 3).

Good luck.... Can't lose with either one! Heck buy both like I did and see which one is better for your needs.