View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
I had a VE8 before switching to the TC Play Acoustic ..

Positives - I liked the physical knobs for adjustment. Separate knobs control for mic and guitar. Also for the volume of the loop (mic and guitar separated) ...Liked the guitar effects a lot. Resonance was excellent. There's a EQ (hidden). I thought the guitar side sounded slightly better and more responsive than the PA. Also really liked the versatility of the multi ins and outs on rear panel.

Cons - vocal effects had a more digital sound. Not nearly as natural sounding as the PA. Looper was lame.. needing the the extra footswitch to work easier .. but even with the FS it was clunky too.

I'm thinking of getting the Boss AD2 just for the Resonance feature.
When you say the Boss was more responsive, are you talking about latency or dynamics? I'm trying to decide between these units, and there are some really knowledgeable and helpful people discussing these in a couple of threads, here. I really just want something to take a little of the piezo quack out, add some reverb, and a little vocal enhancement. I really like the knobs and extra outputs on the Boss, but I definitely need all the vocal help I can get, which seems to be the strong suit of the TC.

I probably won't use the harmonies other than just to mess around with a little. Also, is the pitch correction better or one of the other, and how configurable is it? I definitely won't use a hard pitch correction, but may use soft it if it's subtle, but I'd rather just leave it off if it's super noticeable.