Thread: Radial Firefly?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasfan1 View Post
Ya, actually I just want something that can "tube warming" in the effect loop. But didn't notice there's any device can do that. Any suggestions?
In all honesty I would bet that something like the Universal Audio 710 TwinFinity would do what you are looking for. It is a solid state/tube preamp that allows you to blend between the FET solid state and tube pre on the same channel and it costs less than a Felix (albeit without the parametric eq).

Alternately- if you want to have a super awesome setup, for about the price of what you could sell the Felix and the Firefly for, you could afford a used UA 4-710d which has 4 channels that allow independent blending between tube/solid state. Also, an added feature on the 710d is an 1176 style compressor on each channel. Each channel also has an insert would be amazing for multi-channel/instrument setup with vocals.

I use the 4-710d in the studio and have often wondered how it would do in my rack for the road. Typing this has actually inspired me to experiment, haha.