View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakedi View Post
Maybe a battery powered interface which didn't require plugging into a hub first could work for my iPad... even better would be not plugged in at all and wirelessly (is that a word?!) controlled (like Airplay) ... if there is such a thing
On further investigation I've found that the H5 and H6 was designed to specifically work with an iPad. Not just 'it can be used with an iPad' like so many other devices that turn out to completely fail. There is a menu setting under 'USB/Audio Interfaces' that lets you choose 'PC/Mac bus Powered', 'PC/Mac battery powered' and 'iPad'.

And I've now found a few examples of people demonstrating the H5/H6 connect to an iPad without a powered hub. However, the 'iPad' menu choice is only available in 'Stereo' mode. Under 'Multitracking' it is mysteriously missing. All the demos appear to be in 'Stereo' mode

Apparently, the H5/H6 interface implementation (especially for iPads) is much better than with the H4. So this is starting to make the H5/H6 more interesting (although my main interest is still to use it as a standalone device) ... if only you could start recording partway through a track and not have to always start at the beginning.

It almost feels like every model has something simple missing and probably the next generation will have this covered ... an H5n or H6n on the way? ...

I'm a year too early