View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakedi View Post
On the H4N Pro you can do most of the standard overdubbing things like starting from anywhere along a track or punching in/out using and automated or manual.

It's implemented in an easy way as well. You just place markers in the project and you can use the forward/backward buttons to skip to them ... then just record/overdub as usual.

I think the H6 has a lot more for the money than the H5 ... but the H5 only has very little over the H4N Pro! All I can see so far is removable and possibly better mics, +4db line level ins and physical gain knobs ... but then also a much reduced overdubbing ability.

I can't stop looking at the H5 and thinking - it's missing the extra preamps of the H6 and missing the overdubbing of the H4. At least with the other two I get one of the features

It's a frustrating mix of talents
I'm sure everyone goes through this decision process... I am going back and forth too. But mainly between the H5 and H6.

The punch in "dubbing" feature isn't a stumbling point for me. I'd be doing this in my DAW. Plus I rarely make mistake .. Jus' kiddin'