View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Hi David,

Thank you for your thoughts on "Streets of London"! I'm very pleased that you like my version and that my American accent sounds okay with this lovely song. And I too, love the look of that Martin 000-28VS. I know I have been very fortunate!

If you were to learn this song, I bet it would sound great. Hopefully, you already have a handle on how to play the Travis pick as Ralph McTell uses on this song. If you don't, there are some good resources on YouTube to teach you the Travis pick. I really think that once a person gets the Travis pick down well that about half of all fingerstyle songs just fall into your lap, they become so much easier and sound so much more authentic.

Of course, you have to figure out how to play the left hand, too, but learning the Travis pick opens up so much!

Best of luck to you on this!

- Glenn
Thanks Glenn! To be honest and perhaps oddly, I only know travis picking. I learnt to play from the Mark Hanson books. Watching you play I reckon I can do the guitar( not as well as you) it’s the singing that will be tricky. Still what’s the worst that could happen!