View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaradam View Post
Thanks for posting those Tyler! Just beautiful!

And of course I’m curious... which rosette speaks to each of you reading? There’s no wrong answer and someone else’s favorite may not be yours. And it may even change as the builds come together.

I’d love to hear your thoughts.
The following is my personal opinion of course...
#1 My favorite, I like how the design feels "complete". The ebony was a fantastic choice to frame and pop the burl against the contrasting background. Simple and like you said....classy. I personally like things neat and tidy, designs with rhythm and repetition.
#2 My least favorite of the three. The color choice is fantastic although I could see some challenges throughout the build tying that color into the scheme. Maybe with the rosette, wedge and head plate? The rosette (again to me) seems incomplete and not making me want to seek more. Carries the "less is more" concept for sure.
#3 I like this design more than #2 for the previous stated reasons. Very nice design, a bit ornate for my tastes. Again, carry the floral theme through the body wedge and head plate, maybe a back strip or even random locations and you would have a winner. I like the color, very vibrant and lends itself to a "floral theme" or thoughts of one. Also made me think of "retro" or art deco.

Giving my opinion on here of another's work, especially someone this talented seems sacrilegious, like I might know better. But I understand the context of the question being asked, so I jumped in. Thanks for including the readers on this post, makes it more interactive and let the readers feel more like they are a "part of the build" Thank you.

Craig