View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 09:21 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobo View Post
Oh my. That is beautiful! Stunning wood, design and craftsmanship! Thanks for the video too - nice touch and lovely to see it moving!

If there are videos of it being played, in due course, that'd be amazing... hint hint (Well, that's not even a hint - more of a direct call to action!)
Thank you Daniel!
I know that Don can't wait to record some videos! I just glued the bridge on so it is getting closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobo View Post
If you said it was the Tree, I'd believe it! Any backstory on how you came across it?

Thanks! Yes, very exciting about the baritone from Tom - a similar journey to your collaboration with Don here: a lot of careful consideration and in-depth discussions, measuring and calculating! (Poor Tom - I've been an incredibly specific and exacting customer!) Interestingly, we've ended up with quite a similar result to your project here! And, as a you say, it'll sit nicely alongside my Kostal MDC (indeed, there's kind of a subtle cross-reference in the end-grafts...all will be revealed in due course!).
In my opinion it looks like the tree and I've had some pieces of the tree in my hand that felt the same. I bought it from a dealer in England and all I know is that the wood is old. But I don't know where it originally came from. After buffing this one out yesterday I ordered three more sets I am pretty sure that Tom has some sets of the same board.

Both guitars are really similar except the neck on your guitar is way bigger
I love the process of working with the customer on figuring out the specs for the guitar. And I like customers that are specific about some specs.
We did many things the same way like you described it in your thread, like Don taking some photos for me to show where the bevel has to sit.
Looking forward to see the end graft on your guitar!