View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 11:26 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussL30 View Post
Scott, please post a photo when you get that pickguard from Taylor. I’m a sucker for a natural finish slope with the batwing. He sent me a photo last summer of s really nice looking one he makes for my LG2 model. I’m still thinking about going that direction.
Russ, thanks, good to hear from you. Will do. If you don't hear from me in a few weeks, rattle my chain. Because I know what it's like to run a small shop, I've told Taylor to tend to his more urgent customers or needs and put me on the back burner, no rush. Again, been there, done that.

I think he's a bit younger than me, and I've been offering -- free of charge -- some pointers on getting his website up, marketing, etc. I hope I don't sound like I'm full of myself. I just like helping people, especially someone who makes such gorgeous products. Eventually I'm going to have a small section up on our site where we recommend vendors we love -- again, no charge -- just because I think it's good for the industry. So he'd be part of that for sure. And not just anyone. It will be a select group -- Eastman, Martin, Larivee. The first one we'll put up? Dunlop. No kidding. Dunlop. They've revolutionized the pick industry and will always be the leader. The only way I wouldn't put them up is if I asked them first (which I will do with everyone) and they declined. But otherwise, they're the first ones to go up.

BTW, Russ, as you probably surmised from my post, the "tan line" of that Epi MB pickguard is enormous, so if we do end up doing a batwing, it has to be a full inch larger on the bottom (closest to the edge of the top). I told him not to do it if it's too much trouble, but he insisted.

Thanks, Russ, always good to hear from you.

scott