View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandguitar View Post
Wonderful, Michael!! Thanks for sharing and playing!!
And thank you for watching, I'm glad enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggie242 View Post
Wow! How cool is that! The tone is magnificent, and so was Isaac!

I had the pleasure of corresponding with him by e-mail back in the late 90's shortly before his passing. He was unfailingly charming, polite, gentle, and knowledgeable.

I'm very envious, but it's so nice to see it being used by someone who knows what he has, and, knows what to do with it.
He was a very special man. I talk a little bit about my own first contact with him in this video.

It's been a privilege looking after "Junior" and while I'll miss it I know it belongs with Isaac's family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Wow Michael!

That was wonderful! Wonderful playing, wonderful piece you played, and that is one great sounding guitar, too!

Was that piece something you made up or ??? Very cool, wherever it came from!

I have a 1967 Martin D-35 made from BRW, so it's fascinating for me to listen to that D-35S and hear the differences. For me, the D-35S really benefits from that 12-fret neck design to fatten up the trebles a little over the D-35. I like the sound a great deal!!

Wow! That was just great! And how terrific that that guitar is now going back to Isaac Guillory's son!

Oh, and did I mention how much I appreciate the audio quality on your videos??!! Well done!

- Glenn
Thank you Glenn, that's very kind. The piece I'm playing is The Unfair Funfair from my album VETIVER. Although I spent many years wishing I could play like Isaac I think it's fair to say that my time with his guitar just highlights my own style.

There's something about 12-fret guitars, and especially the 3-piece back D35's already have a lot going on.
Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

Guitars by Jason Kostal, Strings by Elixir, Gefell Mics and a nail buffer.