View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 09:16 PM

Default To buy more strings or not...

My guitar has had three sets of strings on it. The factory set started sounding off, and I did a horrible job with the second set (I lived with a loose low E string for entirely too long). Both sets lasted a little over three weeks. I have another three sets on-hand (all are phosphor bronze), but as crazy as things are, I was thinking it might be prudent to pick up a few more sets...especially as D'Addario and probably Ernie Ball are locked down for who knows how long. One thing I don't want to do is be that guy who's hoarding a bunch of strings; I'd only be buying between three and five sets. Would I be wise to add a few sets, or should I have enough to last me a while?

And if buying new strings is a wise idea, any suggestions on some I could try? I play country on a cheap dreadnought, and I prefer warmth to brightness. Light gauge strings have been good so far, but I'm not averse ti switching to mediums. D'Addario EJ16s have left that odd graphite-like gunk on many of my picks, but otherwise I've been pretty happy with them