View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 02:30 PM

Default Go with the GK Pro Negra

Hi,

I also was considering these two guitars back in 2016. I was spending the summer in Berlin and found a guitar shop there that had one of each model (the GK Studio and the GK Pro), so I was able to play them side by side.

It took only minutes to hear/feel the difference. The Studio sounded and played "OK". It's really not a bad guitar.... But when I played the Pro, the superiority of the instrument was immediately obvious. Not only did the Pro sound much fuller and well-balanced, but it also played better (in terms of how the instrument felt in my hands... especially the left hand.)

Don't take my word for it... Find a shop near you that has one of each model (even if you decide to order it online somewhere else). "A graphic illustration is worth a thousand words".

Sure the GK Pro is twice the price... but (IMO) well worth the price difference. Think of it this way... You will probably have the guitar the rest of your life. If you spread that $700 price difference out over all of those years, the "yearly price difference" isn't all that much.

Oh... and the GK Pro comes with a nice humidified hard-shell case. I actually bought the guitar in China when I was working there. Upon leaving my job there I packed the guitar and case back into the original shipping box it came in... The guitar and case were subjected to no less than 5 flights with "ape like baggage handlers" throwing it around... It finally met up with me back here in Germany without a mark on either the case or the guitar.

The GK Studio comes only with a gig bag... It would have been firewood splinters had I sent it through the same airline torture test.

Again.... go with the GK Pro. I promise you won't regret it... (And as I said, compare them for yourself at a music store if you don't believe me.)