View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 06:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Please keep us posted on the situation.
Well, I got it. UPS was "interesting". At first they couldn't find it. Then they discovered it was sitting outside on the sidewalk. Box is a bit scuffed up, but looked fine overall. I asked if they had any idea why it wasn't delivered on time, and the UPS person said well, it's pretty big box, and we have a lot to deliver right now, so the driver may not have wanted to take it. Maybe drivers get a per-package bonus or something, and this would displace a bunch of packages? I hope Apple knows that when they pay for 2nd day air, the driver can just decide not to deliver it.

After getting it into the car and then out and into the house, I do have more sympathy, tho. BIG, and heavy - not a one-person job. The packaging is pretty amazing, clearly as much engineering went into the box as into the computer. When I grow up I want to be a packaging designer for Apple. :-)

I'm in the middle of mixing a CD project, so I'm not quite ready to jump into switching over, so I haven't even unwrapped the actual computer, tho I got it out of the magic packaging. Looks similar in size to my old cheese grater, tho heavier, and with much nicer handles and feet (which is all I can see right now).