View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
To Dru and Sad:

Here's the problem with the Flames, summed up by their Associate Coach, Geoff Ward, who will be in charge if we do fire Peters:

“Collectively, when we’re sick and tired of losing, we’ll find a way to win a game. Right now the frustration is reflected in the work ethic, and the work ethic isn’t where it needs to be to win hockey games, and we need to rectify it.” - Geoff Ward

The guys in the room may not be getting along. It's a mess. I see a trade happening, before Peters' is fired. But I think Peters' lost these guys. And I think some of our guys are real prima donnas. A few of us here hope they bench the regulars and bring up some young and hungry guys from Stockton, in the AHL. I am one of these fans.

Injuries are also a challenge for the Flames, as I type. Depth will be seriously tested, on this up-coming road trip.

As for Babcock, Dubas is the problem in Toronto, not Babcock. That's my opinion. Keefe's coming in, w/no NHL coaching experience - Dubas' buddy from way back - in the process of a 5 game losing streak. Good luck with that.
Everton, I agree it's Dubas. His first mistake was signing Nylander at the deadline last year while he was sitting out. I would have let the guy sit out the entire season rather than overpay him.