View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad99 View Post
We've got some Flames fans here, don't we? What's going on this year?

I watched the Avs game last night and I don't think I've ever heard an arena that quiet. They hadn't scored in something like seven straight periods? They had 107 points last year to lead the west. What happened?
To Dru and Sad:

Here's the problem with the Flames, summed up by their Associate Coach, Geoff Ward, who will be in charge if we do fire Peters:

“Collectively, when we’re sick and tired of losing, we’ll find a way to win a game. Right now the frustration is reflected in the work ethic, and the work ethic isn’t where it needs to be to win hockey games, and we need to rectify it.” - Geoff Ward

The guys in the room may not be getting along. It's a mess. I see a trade happening, before Peters' is fired. But I think Peters' lost these guys. And I think some of our guys are real prima donnas. A few of us here hope they bench the regulars and bring up some young and hungry guys from Stockton, in the AHL. I am one of these fans.

Injuries are also a challenge for the Flames, as I type. Depth will be seriously tested, on this up-coming road trip.

As for Babcock, Dubas is the problem in Toronto, not Babcock. That's my opinion. Keefe's coming in, w/no NHL coaching experience - Dubas' buddy from way back - in the process of a 5 game losing streak. Good luck with that.

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan