View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 11:28 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
Great info... GRoberts. Your comparison is very helpful.

Thanks for the input on the Turbo Sound. That seems like a great option as well. But I think the Bose wins on portability..Which is important.

But that IP1000 gets some great reviews for sound!
I realize I could have embellished a bit more clearly. But glad you got the point. Yeah, for $799 (and maybe getting a better discount off that price) the TurboSound IP1000 was quite impressive.

But the Bose is clearly more portable, lighter and for my intended needs is great sounding and easier to transport. That means a lot to me since I gig and perform at least a dozen shows monthly.

Side bar: My Duo, trio and 4 piece band use a pair of Bose L1 Compacts as our main PA (depending on the gig, volume needs etc. We use the pair for vocals, acoustic guitar, we mic our electric guitarist and also use one overhead mic for drums.

We use a Behringer X-air Mixer and just got a Mackie ProDX8 mixer that works great too. The pair of Bose L1 Compacts offer great dispersion. The band hears essentially what goes out to the house. They are very resistant to feedback as well. Hard to beat the Bose L1 Compact.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com