View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 03:35 PM
Charter Member

Another comment, this one regarding the Bose T1 Tone Generator/Mixer... ( I have seen a variety of different mixers used with the Bose L1 models, and they DO work fine, but...)

The T1 IS pricey, no doubt... but don't think it's "just an expensive small mixer"! I got one with my first Bose system, mostly because I found a used Model I, saved a bunch of money and thought, "Why not?"... I started out thinking it was that quote above...

What I discovered is that it is an INCREDIBLE little gizmo! A small (3 mci/line inputs and a combo of 2 line level inputs for channels 4 and 5) mixer, but it will pretty mch do anything I want it to do...

Every effect is assignable to any channel, and you can change parameters for any effect on different channels... the Tonematch section has a very extensive array of "sounds" that have already been tailored to the description, but each of those are "tweakable", using each channel's parametric and 3 band tone controls... reverbs, delays (alas, no reverse noisegate!), gates, chorus, flangers, phasers...

And once I have things set for a particular room, I "save" the scene and can recall it for the next gig in the same room... a VERY useful feature. About the only thing I have a problem with is to remember to "save" the scene once I make any alterations to the settings...

All this, and the unit is designed to work with the L1s or the Model II; one multi-pin cable delivers signal to the main PA and returns the power for the mixer itself, leading to an extremely sanitary set-up and look on stage...

Check them out! If you do decide to get one, I heartily recommend purchasing the AC adapter for those times when you want to use it with a different system... I use mine with my AER Compact when I'm gigging with both guitars (6 & 12 string) plus vocal. I know one player on this Forum who takes his with him on tours to use as a "front-end" on stage with different PA systems... it is REALLY a great little unit!
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman