View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstring View Post
Finishing touches on my Crosby 12 Fret being done. Great builder out of Nova Scotia Canada. ( such a bargain with the exchange rate )

daniel
Just before Christmas I commissioned a new (my 4th) build with Russel, an Engelmann/Claro Walnut Festival Elite (Manzer wedge + Venetian cutaway) with 25" to 25.75" fan fret scale (perpendicular at 7th) for DADGAD, mahogany neck, Ryan Bevel and upper bout soundport, Schertler open-gear 18:1 tuners and custom head, neck and rosette inlays. Russel's Festival model is ideally suited to fingerstyle and has a 16" lower bout, 9.5" waist. 11.63" upper bout, 20" long body with depth at heel of 4.63." This one will also sport green purfling and accents all around.

I missed having one of Russel's guitars in my posse (the other three having been passed on to other players) so I'm really looking forward to this! It's also being fueled by the beautiful job that Russel did on James' (Feste) multiscale baritone (see https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=608116).

Phil

I play Crosby, Emerald, Larrivée, Lowden, Rainsong & Tacoma guitars.
Check out my Guitar Website. See guitar photos & info at my Guitars page.

Last edited by philjs; 01-04-2022 at 10:29 PM.