View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Seriously good deal - let us know how it goes with it.
I received the guitar on Wednesday. I've spent a lot of time with it the last couple of days. I could not be happier.

Here are my initial impressions:

Neck nice and flat with just a little relief.
Hgt 4/64 on 3 thru 6 strings at the 12th and just a tick lower on 1 and 2.
String spacing surprised me little. I haven't measured but it feels noticeably wider than on my SG-2000

Intonation was quite a bit sharp on 5 and 6 but spot on 1-4.

Frets level with no sprout. They felt slightly "sticky", not gritty at all just a little bit of drag and after just a couple of days that feeling is fading.

Back of the neck looks beautiful, somewhere between satin and raw (closer to raw) but feels closer to satin.

Neck joint is nice and tight and pickguard fits around everything perfectly.

Tuners, pots and switch all work just as they should. No scratchiness or dragging. They have a positive feeling without being stiff.

There are a few small imperfections in the finish. The area on the back around the ferrules is not quite perfect. There is also a scuff on the back that is much smaller than a dime. I'm not uptight about these at all. They won't matter in a year.

As far as sound goes it wasn't love at first strum but I spun a few knobs and have it pretty well dialed in. I was hoping for some twang and it has plenty of that. Way different than the Yamaha.

If they all come like mine, I don't see how anyone can knock these guitars.
2014 Yamaha LS16
2020 Squier CV 50's Telecaster
2022 Yamaha FG3