View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 12:20 PM
Charter Member

I would never want to put down any of the carbon fiber guitars that I have owned and it's been a bunch.

I started with Composite Acoustics and they make a really fine guitar overall. Very close to the sound of a wooden guitar. A little heavy built but every guitar is different and this is no exception.

While still owing a CA dread and a GX model I bought a Rainsong WS1000 older guitar with original neck profile which a lot of people seem to love. It also was a great guitar. A brighter sound overall more in the Taylor guitar sound to my ears. Great guitar. Not really my thing but well built and solid overall.

Next a Blackbird lucky 13. This was before they tweaked the sound a little. Neat guitar and great build quality. Not really my cup'o tea either but a lot of people love them and rightfully so.

Bought my first Emerald X20 Artisan from a Guitar Center that had been traded in. Once I got some new strings on it and a little setup I was really in love with the tone, playability and overall build. For me personally it checks all of the boxes.

If you are into a more traditional looking guitar then the X20 really is not that. A neat looking guitar but the look is one that really has the player and what's comfy and what he hears in mind maybe more so than the others I've mentioned.

Please know this is just my personal observations. I liked them all and could play any of them. I chose Emerald (over & over again, I now own 4 of them) and have owned them longer than any of the others.

In a few words I really love all things about my Emeralds!
Iris OG Model Tuxedo Finish
Iris AB Model Big Leaf Maple B/S
Many Takamine Pro series
Godin A8 Mandolin