View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 04:04 AM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. True View Post
The term "Out There" has been used a fare bit in this thread (and other similar threads).

Out there can have many different locations, destinations, quality of player, living rooms, kitchens stages or studios.

I think a something to consider is what "out there" means for your early guitars. All of my guitars are within 4 hour driving distance from me, with most of them within 1/2 hour driving distance. None of them are used by professional musicians, none are use for much more than the living room for personal use or the odd church service.

I'm confident in my quality to let them get "out there" as far as they are.

the next 4 guitars also fall into the 1/2 hour drive or less, living room, odd church service or maybe coffee shop gig.

I guess knowing what "out there" means is important in knowing when to well, get out there.
I was just asked for my base price from an AGF'er that lives in Hawaii (I am in SW Pennsylvania) I declined simply because there was no way for me to service the guitar economically and being it would be my 4th the likely hood of it needing some after the build tweaking was too high an odd for me.
I hear all and some great advise. I wish I was rich like some of you fellas building that I could give away my first 20 or 80. I can't. I am in biz. But I will tread as wisely as I can. I'll get a few more under my belt before I go Global.