View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
I think you have to be careful here. It appears that it's not a midi i/o

It appears that you can send midi data but not return it. I could be wrong however as the description is somewhat vague. If so that would limit your FP-30 sounds to recording to the iPad as audio only. Personally I'm much more comfortable with recording midi and then triggering audio. Other than that it of course would work as an audio interface when the Apogee wasn't present.
Ah I see. But there are digital pianos which can record to the iPad in midi? The reason I'm considering a digital piano and not a pure midi controller is I don't play the piano and want to start learning and also be able to have some music sessions with my wife and friends.

I started playing the guitar about two months and its been going quite well but excessive practicing has lead to some problems with the tendons in my left index finger being overworked (probably, I'm trying to get a doctor to look at it). This forces me to (very unwillingly) leave the guitar alone to let it heal. So I thought - maybe Ill try and learn the piano as well. This way I can play that if my finger continues to give me problems and at the same time I continue to learn music theory and everything around it, just on a different instrument.

So the recording part is purely for fun and also to learn more. But I want the setup to be good enough if I decide to record a song in a more serious manner. Am I making any sense? [emoji23]

Also, maybe a stupid question but.. Why does the piano have to be able to return the midi signal to be able to record it to the iPad? Doesn't it just have to send it?

Last edited by BaconDanny; 06-14-2018 at 10:17 PM.