View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 06:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
I haven't used a wood guitar to play out since I bought my first carbon fiber guitar 5 years ago. Not once have I wished I had a wood one (although I did bring a wood guitar along the first couple times out after getting the CF... you know, just in case).
I've used the X20 live several times and it performs great. Mostly I'd used it back over the winter on really cold days. While I love the X20, I REALLY love the Martin! I came to find (too late) that I prefer the 2 5/16" string spacing on the Martin over the 2 1/4" on the X20. It just suits my playing style a tiny bit better. I bought the Martin well into my X20 custom build and when I realized this I contacted Emerald to see if I could change but it was too late - they'd already drilled the bridge position holes for 2 1/4".

It's literally the only thing I would change on a custom build. In fact, depending on what's announced here next week for new models at Emerald, I just might find myself ordering a new custom woody CF with nearly identical specs to the one I have but with the wider string spacing! But I also notice the prices of many of the custom features that I have in my X20 have gone up considerably...