View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
Hi Evan,

Been buying guitars just to try them for over twenty years, been a lot of fun. I decided to buy an x20 based on comments that the new ones are much improved, and suggestions that my opinion my be outdated, and I have to say that this 2017 model does sound warmer than guitars made a few years ago, but I still don't care for how the overly large soundhole faces me while I'm playing it, and I don't care for the 24-fretboard. I find myself either playing above the fretboard, or having to play closer to the bridge than I like to avoid it. Overall it's a nice guitar with excellent fit and finish, but IMHO, there are better options in tis size and price range.

This is my honest, and truly unbiased opinion, but I'm sure someone will challenge it.
Imo, there's nothing to challenge at all, Ted. Your perspective is valid so far as I'm concerned. Remember though, you can order pretty-much any customization you may want, at a cost of course, but not outrageous. That's part of the allure of Emeralds.