View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHS View Post
Thanks, Luo. But for the free personal account, Box.net says there's a 25Mb file limit. My first sound file says "Wave Sound, 25.5MB" and that's only 2 minutes long. (Does that sound right?) I also can't get much volume when my PC plays the file, whether over headphones or PC speakers--it's only say about level 4 out of 10 maybe. Sounds great through the Tascam (fidelity and volume headroom), but apparently degrades when transferred to PC. So I'm worried about further degradation if I were to upload tune to a host site. Advice anyone?
thanks,
Frank, I don't recommend that you upload WAV files to any internet site because they are just too large. WAV files can easily be converted to MP3 which will be much smaller. There are a number of programs available that can be used to convert the files, or you can burn an audio disc and then rip it using Windows Media Player (it rips to MP3). If you use the rip method, use a re-writable disc so you don't have to waste an entire disc on one song.

You can use almost any recording software such as Audacity (free) to adjust the volume of your WAV files. In Audacity, under the effects menu, there is an "amplify" function that will automatically adjust peak volume to maximum. If you use Audacity to adjust EQ and other parameters, adjust the volume last because most other adjustments will also have an impact on volume.

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)