View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 04:58 AM

I had the TD for a while and couldn’t create an IR and setting the satisfied me in a live environment. And I tried my best with Neumanns mics and Neve, API and Millennia preamps.

I think it worked much better with fingerpicking than strumming or flatpicking. While I pingerpick 75% at home I only do that 15% live. That might be a point to consider.

I LOVE the idea and the efforts of the TD people, but while it’s almost there, it sadly didn’t work out right here. Went back to the Aura spectrum and soon later to Anthems or Anthem SLs. So far those are the best pickups I ever had in more than 40 years.

Something simple as the passive Schatten HFN (no superglue, nothing under the saddle, simple install) with a good working IR preamp would be a dream thou.
Martin D-18MD, Martin OM-21, Martin CEO-7, Martin J-40, Martin 000-1, Guild D-55, Guild D-140, Gibson SJ-200, Gibson Hummingbird, Gibson Frank Hannon Love Dove, Gibson Southern Jumbo, Furch Gc-SR Red Deluxe, Furch Yellow Masters Choice, Larrivee P-03ww, Kawaii piano, mandolines, drumsets, doublebass, Fender Jazzbass, ...