View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinfurlow View Post
Very cool and great background intro. If you're gonna go for one good, handmade guitar then you deserve the best and Rory is the man to provide that, IMO. You're crazy lucky to live closeby!

My one experience playing a Taran immediately made me keen to order from him. I got pretty lucky to win the Young Player Bursary which helped the slot move to 2021. He begins my guitar in about a month. I really enjoyed Skyping with him a month ago and seeing the shop. Will likely be flying to Scotland to spend a day or two with them and do some videos once the guitar is done in the Fall. Cant wait!
Thanks Dustin, I am indeed very lucky. There have been a number of unexpected joys that came from this decision: discovering a multitude of amazing builders and enjoying their craft; learning about the intricacies of building guitars and the sheer complexity in the factors that influence the sound; discovering new music and musicians, and then inspiring me to reconnect with playing. You factor highly in this last category for me and one of my main long term goals I've set is to learn to arrange my own pieces having heard some of your arrangements. I'm staying away from songwriting though.

Really looking forward to hearing about your build and seeing what you do with it. I can always volunteer my guitar for testing if Rory is short of finished guitars when you're over!