View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 02:46 PM

I now regret every sale of the significant guitars I had, but most of them were sold for one reason or another, that seemed sufficient at the time. So I have regret, but not second thoughts.

1968 Gibson SG, top of the line, with the Vibrola. Paid $350 for it when I was 18. You could not set the intonation on that guitar to make it play in tune up and down the neck, a lot of guys tried. Now I know how to fix that.

A pair of Gibson ES-125TC's both with P90's, one in the neck position, and the other in the middle. I can't remember buying them or selling them, but one had the headstock come off, which I glued back on.

A real neat Gretsch archtop, hollow body with painted on F-holes, single pickup. I paid $125 for it in 1976, I was stationed in Montreal with the Canadian Forces for the Olympics.

A custom made 7 (or 8) string Tele, made by 12th Fret in Toronto for Lorne Lofsky, I bought it from him in the living room of his tiny flat in downtown Toronto. I think I paid $700.

A mid 50's Epiphone Broadway, with two pickups installed, knobs, the whole deal. Still a majorly cool guitar. I traded it for something Japanese and silly, because the back plates were separating at the glue joint and I thought that was terminal.

After a while I just stopped selling them. Now I have a lot of guitars, some I've had for 40 years.